What is sun protection?
Sun protection is all the means adopted to stop the harmful effects of the sun’s rays (sunburn, pigment spots, carcinoma, etc.).
Sun products are an important supplement just in case of sun exposure. they need to provide both protection against:
- Type B ultraviolet rays (UVB): liable for sunburn, which is an inflammatory response of the skin following excessive exposure to the sun’s ultraviolet rays;
- Type A ultraviolet (UVA): liable for skin aging.
In the event of excessive exposure, these two sorts of UV are often liable for carcinoma (melanoma, etc.).
The best protection against the harmful effects of radiation remains non-exposure between 12 p.m. and 4 p.m., shade, and therefore the wearing of cotton clothing
How to protect yourself properly during the whole period of sunshine?
- Ask your doctor for advice to assist you to select sun protection suitable for your skin type;
- Use products that protect against both UVA and UVB rays, with an honest protection factor (Sun Protection Factor: SPF of 50+);
- Apply sun protection regularly every two to 3 hours on well-cleansed skin but also renew it after:
- Excessive sweating;
- A sports activity ;
- Wiping off with a towel …
- If you’ve got a sun allergy or are taking photosensitizing drugs, the cream should be applied liberally;
- Do not forget the classic means like hat, glasses, parasol, and wearing clothes …
- Observe the expiration date of the merchandise used.
Like all beauty products, sunscreens have an expiration date expressed in months after opening and materialized by a little logo within the shape of a jar